Kink On Tap
Episode 12 "Androgyns, Anti-Androgens, and Girly Drinks"
Recorded: October 18, 2009
Published: October 20, 2009
Previous episode – Next episode
- Maymay (@maymaym)
- Emma (@helio_girl)
- Sinclair Sexsmith
- Adisson Lee
Follow ups Edit
- Congratulations Mollena, Ms. SF Leather 2009 Winner!
- Its Embryonic Personhood, People: The Real Reason Behind Oklahoma HB 1595
- A Manifesto for Radical Masculinity | Carnal New York
- On Pronouns - Mine - Sugarbutch Chronicles
- Intersex Australians are Placed on a Sex Offenders Register… - OII Australia
- Attorney Uses “Boys Will Be Boys” Defense in Alleged Sexual Assault : The Curvature
- Rape Culture: A (ftm) Transexual Narrative
- Somali Islamists publicly whip women for wearing bras
- The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses | Cracked.com
- Sound Healing Network - Cymatics: Deciphering Dolphin Language with Picture Words
- The Associated Press: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.
- Resist the Gay Marriage Agenda! « Queer Kids of Queer Parents Against Gay Marriage!
- Male Submission Art - soured by the notion that somehow marriage is in any way a legal right for anyone at all
- Who Rules The Social Web? | Information Is Beautiful
- Teenage sex study shock for parents | sexgenderbody
- Neutrois — Genderfork
Notable quotes Edit
- "Raise our people like our people! Part of it is listening to the child and figuring out what the child wants to do and what the interests are, y'know? You got a little girl who's interested in monster trucks, don't buy her Barbies for Christmas. […] I feel like that's also separating gender from personality. So many of these gender role traits that we prescribe onto people—onto kids, and adults, but little kids—are just about our interests in the world and what we want to engage in."
- -- Sinclair Sexsmith @ MP3 time mark
- "I get trapped in the [gender] binary often. It takes some cognitive effort to say, 'Oh, wait a second, that's not how it is for everybody.'" It's actually a construction of language as opposed to a construction of reality."
- -- Maymay @ MP3 time mark
Choose the download format that best meets your needs. If you're not sure which that is, you probably want the MP3 version to listen on a PC and the AAC version on a Mac. :)
And, as always, you can subscribe to the Kink On Tap podcast feed (AAC format), the Kink On Tap MP3 feed, or the Kink On Tap Ogg Vorbis feed.
If you'd like to embed this episode into your website, use the following code:
<div class="kot-embedded-player" style="text-align:center;"><object width="320" height="240" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <embed src="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap12.m4a" width="320" height="240" autoplay="false" href="http://kinkontap.com/?cat=3" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed> <param name="src" value="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap12.m4a" /> <param name="autoplay" value="false" /> <param name="pluginspage" value="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" /> </object><br /> This is <a href="http://kinkontap.com/">Kink On Tap</a> episode 12, by <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://kinkontap.com/?author=4" property="cc:attributionName" rel="cc:attributionURL">maymay and Emma</a>.<br /> <small><span xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Sound" property="dc:title" rel="dc:type">Kink On Tap</span> is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/">CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0 Unported License</a>.<br /> Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available<br />at <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://KinkOnTap.com/about/" rel="cc:morePermissions">KinkOnTap.com/about</a>.</small></div>