Kink On Tap
Episode 29 "The Olympics Are Too Sexy For Your iPhone"
Guest(s): Sarah Dopp
Recorded: February 21, 2010
Published: February 23, 2010
Previous episode – Next episode
- Maymay (@maymaym)
- Emma (@helio_girl)
- Sarah Dopp (@sarahdopp)
Follow Ups Edit
- Another Piece Of Our Childhood Bites The Bustier - Jezebel.com
- The hosts revisited this article that was talked about on Kink On Tap 28.
- How My Little Pony turned a little girl into a computer scientist Boing Boing
- Men Are "Loved"; Women are "Property" » Sociological Images
- Cupcakes for Men. No, Seriously. Cupcakes for Men. » Sociological Images
- Those Beautiful Olympic Bodies | CarnalNation
- Apple's New War On iPhone Porn Apps Is Going Way Too Far - BusinessInsider.com
- Apple's War on Porn Is Just Getting Started - iPhone - Gawker
- Come As You Are Blog - DSM Proposal for Hypersexual Disorder
- Is sex for the disabled the last taboo? | Times Online
- Man appears free of HIV after stem cell transplant - CNN.com
- Erotica Helping the Panda Population - Nightline's Daily Line
- Announcing Sex Education Everywhere: Because We Learn More Than What They Teach
- Certified Virgin :: Make it Official :: Virgin Certificate :: Certificate of Virginity
- Iowa Pride Network: House Republicans Seek to Bully Gay Students
Notable Quotes Edit
External references Edit
- Masturbate - A - Thon
- The Masturbate-a-thon is an annual pledge drive for the Center for Sex and Culture during which people gang up in a hot and sweaty room to watch each other jerk off for an entire day. This event is taking place in the Washington, D.C. area.
- David Ross | February 11, 2010 - Al Michaels | Colbert Nation
- Maymay discusses this clip from The Colbert Report in which art critic David Ross speaks on the history of Olympic art.
- MiKandi - The World's First Adult App Store
- Sarah Dopp tips Google Android mobile phone users on to this app store that is explicitly geared for selling mobile adult content.
- Susie Bright's Journal : "Clitoris" on Google's Banned Word List
- Concerns over Apple's increased puritanicalism remind Sarah Dopp of how Google had kept the word "clitoris" off of default search results.
- Unplanned Sexual Event
- Outrageous attempt to replace the word "rape" with an acronym that stands for "Unplanned Sexual Event" (USE). (We sincerely hope this is satirical.)
- Recommendation: Additive Gender — Genderfork
- Emma featured on Genderfork.
Chat room quotesEdit
- or what if property of was supposed to be the panty-owner's name?
- sarahdopp @ 1:27:02 UTC
- lesbians are yummy like cupcakes
- sarahdropp @ 1:34:38 UTC
- Yeah, same, but I have to find it kind of hilarious, because they have so much *fun*. It's one of those sex is fun and I enjoy it sort of things. Plus they are really skilled at what they do.
- daris @ 1:39:38 UTC
- Ironically, the devs will probably just move their content over to a pay-for-access market in the jailbreak market, or wind up backfiring into freeware/shareware.
- daris @ 1:51:19 UTC
- Part of the reason people are interested in creating this kind of software is that it is highly profitable--sex still sells if they can get away with it through App Store et.
- daris @ 1:53:10 UTC
- How are those skin-tight togs that speedskaters wear not sexy?
- Pavo734 @ 1:56:33 UTC
- Just propose sex worker therapy for the new improved US health system and wait for the fireworks!!!
- MrMadman @ 2:10:27 UTC
- I value virginity. Or, more precisely, virgins.
- MrMadman @ 2:28:38 UTC
- This is the year when satire officially dies. There's just no oxygen left in the room for it.
- MrMadman @ 2:37:42 UTC
- Hypersexuality just makes me think of space.
- pledgemistress @ 2:46:04 UTC
- The 2009 Iowa School Climate Survey The Experiences of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Youth in Iowa’s Schools
- References the House Republicans to Bully Gay Students and why they should not strike their protection.
- The Whip Comes Down
- Venus in Fur Theatre Production at the Classic Stage Company in New York City
- Evgeni-Plushenko-Sex-Bomb Video
- APA Paraphilias Subworkgroup Agrees: Kinky is NOT a Diagnosis
Choose the download format that best meets your needs. If you're not sure which that is, you probably want the MP3 version to listen on a PC and the AAC version on a Mac. :)
And, as always, you can subscribe to the Kink On Tap podcast feed (AAC format), the Kink On Tap MP3 feed, or the Kink On Tap Ogg Vorbis feed.
If you'd like to embed this episode into your website, use the following code:
<div class="kot-embedded-player" style="text-align:center;"><object width="320" height="240" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <embed src="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap29.m4a" width="320" height="240" autoplay="false" href="http://kinkontap.com/?cat=3" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed> <param name="src" value="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap29.m4a" /> <param name="autoplay" value="false" /> <param name="pluginspage" value="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" /> </object><br /> This is <a href="http://kinkontap.com/">Kink On Tap</a> episode 29, by <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://kinkontap.com/?author=4" property="cc:attributionName" rel="cc:attributionURL">maymay and Emma</a>.<br /> <small><span xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Sound" property="dc:title" rel="dc:type">Kink On Tap</span> is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/">CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0 Unported License</a>.<br /> Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available<br />at <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://KinkOnTap.com/about/" rel="cc:morePermissions">KinkOnTap.com/about</a>.</small></div>