Kink On Tap
Episode 31 "Delightfully Flawed People"
Recorded: March 7, 2010
Published: March 9, 2010
Previous episode – Next episode
- Maymay (@maymaym)
- Emma (@helio_girl)
- Sarah Sloane
- Shanna Katz
- What Counts as "Having Sex?" | CarnalNation
- Amateur XXX: Homemade Porn Gives Mainstream a Run For Your Money < Porn < Erotica
- Is Angelina turning Shiloh into a boy? | Shakesville: Today in Transphobia
- Flash mob in Amsterdam against homophobia and transphobia - Conversations for a Better World
Notable quotes Edit
- "Another witty and incisive remark!"
- -- Panelsit @ timecode
External references Edit
- Talk:Transitioning versus Expanding
- Related to the Shankeville article.
- Beautiful Agony
- Femina Potens
Chat room quotesEdit
- Endorphins, mmmm, good.
- Pavo734 @ 1:14:00 UTC
- Indeed. Sometimes, it's better to substitute one sort of pain for another, especially pain of one's choosing.
- Sinful @ 1:14:48 UTC
- People assume sexuality = always fucking.
- ShannaKatz @ 1:20:09 UTC
- Weren't there discussions on Twitter this weekend about what sex is? So much is assuming it's only penis in vagina sex.
- Viviane @ 1:23:56 UTC
- I think Max in Seattle said, "Sex is anything that increases the probability of orgasm."
- Graydancer @ 1:26:00 UTC
- I said the other way around. Sex doesn't require orgasm, but whatever you do that DOES result in orgasm is probably considered "sex" of some sort.
- Graydancer @ 1:29:09 UTC
- ...I've had many lovers, my life has been loose, but I've never kissed anything quite like a moose... </sca>
- Graydancer @ 1:31:33 UTC
- You also have to reconcile it with your other partners - not just the person you have it with.
- Graydancer @ 1:35:27 UTC
- You can be an "authentic" performer, without having "authentic" orgasms. Depends on your goal.
- Graydancer @ 1:45:33 UTC
- I also have called myself a sex worker, and had some people vehemently deny it, because (to the best of their knowledge) I don't have sex for money.
- Graydancer @ 1:53:10 UTC
- Self-esteem based on relativity to others.
- Pavo734 @ 1:55:38 UTC
- My dad's wife is still that way: her "kids" aren't as f'd up as her friends'.
- Pavo734 @ 1:57:34 UTC
- Sarah, it's been my experience that racial demographics tend to follow the demographics of the area.
- Graydancer @ 2:00:14 UTC
- Unacknowledged privilege pisses me off.
- musekitty @ 2:09:55 UTC
- Pre-subscribed roles for relationships drives me nuts.
- Siniful @ 2:12:26 UTC
- I think it's odd to dress animals in any kind of costume.
- Viviane @ 2:20:11 UTC
- I love the concept of fluid for everything.
- ShannaKatz @ 2:24:54 UTC
- Gender identity, presentation/performance, and attribution.
- nikolasco @ 2:29:30 UTC
- Lots of us call femme our gender, rather than female, because the term female comes from our dangly bits, whereas femme is our choice of gender performance and being in the world?
- musekitty @ 2:30:19 UTC
Choose the download format that best meets your needs. If you're not sure which that is, you probably want the MP3 version to listen on a PC and the AAC version on a Mac. :)
And, as always, you can subscribe to the Kink On Tap podcast feed (AAC format), the Kink On Tap MP3 feed, or the Kink On Tap Ogg Vorbis feed.
If you'd like to embed this episode into your website, use the following code:
<div class="kot-embedded-player" style="text-align:center;"><object width="320" height="240" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <embed src="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap31.m4a" width="320" height="240" autoplay="false" href="http://kinkontap.com/?cat=3" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"></embed> <param name="src" value="http://kinkontap.com/episodes/kinkontap31.m4a" /> <param name="autoplay" value="false" /> <param name="pluginspage" value="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" /> </object><br /> This is <a href="http://kinkontap.com/">Kink On Tap</a> episode 31, by <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://kinkontap.com/?author=4" property="cc:attributionName" rel="cc:attributionURL">maymay and Emma</a>.<br /> <small><span xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Sound" property="dc:title" rel="dc:type">Kink On Tap</span> is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/">CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0 Unported License</a>.<br /> Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available<br />at <a xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" href="http://KinkOnTap.com/about/" rel="cc:morePermissions">KinkOnTap.com/about</a>.</small></div>